Visit our Photo Gallery
Click on photo to see a larger image
Today's Hikes |
Tomorrow's Hikes |
Recent Club News
you wish something to be posted please advise the
All IHC Hikes are Cancelled through Tuesday April 7
Indiana Governor Holcomb has signed an Executive Order for all Hoosiers TO STAY HOME, with the exception of Essential Business, Essential Work and Essential Errands.
Therefore all hikes of the Indianapolis Hiking Club are cancelled through, Tuesday, April 7th.
Although the order officially begins on Wednesday, to comply with the spirit of the order, all hikes are cancelled immediately.
We will get through this together!
Smoky Mountains Long Weekend on April 23-25 is Cancelled
Jim Schlechte and Jim Goulding regrettable have made the decision to cancel the 23rd Annual Great Smoky Mountains Weekend over April 23-25 due to developing Covid-19 concerns. You will need to cancel any rooms you have reserved for this trip. Hopefully, they will be able to reschedule the Smoky Mountains weekend in the early fall. More on this to follow.
April and May 2020 Schedule Now Available
The April and May 2020 hike schedule is now available on the hike schedule page. The calendar function for these two months is also available.
On Thursday March 19 the Board of Directors met and approved publishing the April/May hike schedule with the full understanding that is unlikely that many of the hikes listed in the schedule will actually take place because of Covid-19 concerns. This decision was made in recognition of recent federal, state and local regulations regarding group activities. At this point, due to the limited number of hikers participating in any one activity, our hikes will continue as scheduled. Each member should evaluate his/her personal situation and decide whether or not to participate in any Club activity based on the risks involved to themselves or others. If you have flu-like symptoms, including fever, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, shortness of breath, etc., please do not hike and put others in danger. If a hike leader decides to cancel a hike (and we expect many of these), our usual procedure will be followed.
The Board will continue to monitor the situation and issue updates as needed. Please read the full policy statement on the first page of the April/May schedule.